Ms. Amy Lynn Hess
Assistant Professor of English
- Office RL-3301E
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 470.217.4170
- Email Address email@example.com
Amy Lynn Hess earned her undergraduate degree in theatre and interpretation from Central Michigan University, her Master of Arts in theater history and criticism from Ohio University and her terminal degree, a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing, from Naropa University's Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics. Attending Naropa University, which follows a mission rooted in contemplative education, has had a profound effect on Hess's teaching style. She continues to aspire to that contemplative mission in her own courses.
Hess has been teaching in the Atlanta area since 2008, including courses in composition and research, literature and literary analysis, argumentation, critical thinking, cultural diversity, computer applications and theatre history.
In addition to editing and publishing the Gypsy Daughter Chapbook series, Hess continues to write and publish in a variety of genres and maintain a blog, Gypsy Daughter Essays.
- Master of Fine Arts – creative writing – Naropa University
- Master's – theatre history – Ohio University
- Bachelor's – theatre and interpretation – Central Michigan University
- Contemplative education
- Literary analysis
- Independent publishing
- First-year writing
- Creative writing
- Herzing University Instructor of the Year
- Selected for MSU Press Poetry Anthology Pre-editorial Board
- Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education
- Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of the Americas