Dr. Brad Denton
Part-time Faculty, EnglishDownload vCard
Dr. Brad Denton was born and raised in the muddy flatlands of the uppermost Mississippi Delta, and he still thinks of cable television as a highfalutin' luxury. He has spent the last 20 years teaching English to anyone and everyone who would listen; he began his career as a sixth grade teacher when he had much more patience and a much smaller waistline.
Denton has a particular love for formal poetry, particularly the poetry of William Butler Yeats, because he loves anyone who can find aesthetic beauty inside chaotic modern life (that also doubles as his definition for parenting). He loves a good story, and he especially loves anyone and everyone who has ever tried to write for personal expression.
- Doctorate – English – Georgia State University
- Master's – English – Georgia Southern University
- Bachelor's – English – David Lipscomb University
- Formal poetry
- Poetry of the modern period
- Shakespearean drama
- Southern Gothic fiction
- Crime fiction
- Anything and everything "noir"
- Active member of the Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Active member of the Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP)
- Active member of the Academy of American Poets (AAP)