Mr. Bruce L. Garraway
Testing Services Inventory CoordinatorDownload vCard
Mr. Bruce L. Garraway believes learning is a lifetime progression of discovering truth, and formal education is more than just knowledge of facts and systems but can also have an outcome on a student holistically. As a result and over time, a student will become a more engaging and productive member of society along with their sphere of influence.
Garraway has taught in high school education for about 15 years in Gwinnett and DeKalb Counties. He has also been involved in local and state level civic service.
Garraway was elected to a four-year term on the city council and held the post as the vice mayor of the city of Snellville. Appointed previously to serve on the city Zoning Board of Appeals, Garraway also was the Governor’s Congressional District appointee to a five-year term at the State of Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice. This governing board as well functioned as the school board over Georgia’s 181st school district.
Garraway has earned the Certificate of Recognition and Achievement from the Carl Vinson Institute of Government and the University of Georgia along with being a graduate of their Leadership Institute.
He is also a graduate of the Coverdell Leadership Institute. The organization today is renamed to RGL and with hundreds of graduates serving in civic positions federally and locally. Garraway is currently appointed to serve a two-year term on the RGL governing board. He has been a consecutive past nominee for Leadership Gwinnett.
Garraway has written several op/ed articles for the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Gwinnett Daily Post and the Gwinnett Business Journal. He has also had the privilege of being a speaker to the Gwinnett Rotary Club and the Snellville Historical Society.
- Master’s – education administration – Crown College
- American history
- American government
- Georgia history
- Economic philosophy
- Georgia’s Statewide Opioid Taskforce; Attorney General Appointee 2018
- Planning Advisory Committee; 2040 Unified Plan, District Four, Gwinnett County Commissioner Appointee 2018
- Development Advisory Committee; District Four, Gwinnett County Commissioner Appointee 2015–2018
- Planning Advisory Committee; Unified Plan update, District Four, Gwinnett County Commissioner Appointee Past 2016
- Georgia Gwinnett College Staff Council – Past Chair 2017
- Staff Council Executive Committee member – Past Chair Elect 2016
- Staff Council Executive Committee member – Past Vice President 2015
- Staff Council Executive Committee member – Past member-at-large 2014
- State of Georgia; Department of Juvenile Justice Legacy Award, 2012
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2004–2007
- Outstanding American Teacher National Honor Roll, 2007
- Kipling’s Who’s Who Among Business Leaders, 2007