Mr. Bruce L. Garraway
Testing Services Inventory Coordinator
- Office D-1308
- Office Phone 678.407.5065
- Cell Phone
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Bruce L. Garraway believes learning is a lifelong process, and formal education is more than just knowledge of facts and methods but can also have an effect on a student holistically. As a result and over time, a student will become a more engaging and productive member of society along with their sphere of influence.
Garraway has taught in high school education for about 15 years in Gwinnett County. He has also been involved in local and state level civic service.
Garraway was elected as the vice mayor of the city of Snellville and also appointed to serve on the city Zoning Board of Appeals. He was the Governor’s appointee to the Georgia State Department of Juvenile Justice Board.
Garraway has earned the Certificate of Recognition and Achievement from the Carl Vinson Institute of Government and the University of Georgia and is a graduate of their Leadership Institute. He is also a graduate of the Coverdell Leadership Institute and a consecutive nominee for Leadership Gwinnett.
Garraway has written several op/ed articles for the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Gwinnett Daily Post and the Gwinnett Business Journal. He has also had the privilege of being a speaker to the Gwinnett Rotary Club and the Snellville Historical Society.
- Master’s – education administration – Crown College
- American history
- American government
- Georgia history
- Economic philosophy
- Georgia State Department of Juvenile Justice Legacy Award, 2012
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2004 – 2007
- Outstanding American Teacher National Honor Roll, 2007
- Kipling’s Who’s Who Among Business Leaders, 2007
- Staff Council Executive Committee member – former vice president
- Staff Council Executive Committee member – former chair elect
- Georgia Gwinnett College Staff Council – chair
- District Four, Gwinnett County Commissioner Appointee, Planning Advisory Committee; Unified Plan update
- District Four, Gwinnett County Commissioner Appointee, Development Advisory Committee