Dr. David Kerven
Associate Professor of Information Technology
- Office H-1222
- Office Phone 678.407.5844
- Cell Phone 678.471.3081
- Email Address email@example.com
Dr. Kerven currently teaches courses in information technology ("IT") and conducts research in IT education and societal impact. He also serves as one of the associate deans for the School of Science and Technology.
Immediately prior to joining GGC, Kerven practiced as a patent attorney. His practice spanned all aspects of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, licensing and related litigation.
Prior to his career as an attorney, Kerven taught undergraduate and graduate courses in software engineering, database design and programming language theory in Clark Atlanta University's computer science department. He was the director of the Web Technology Center there and wrote several books on HTML. He also conducted research in the areas of educational technology and software engineering.
Kerven is married to Jenny Kerven, who teaches mathematics at Martin Luther King, Jr. High School in Lithonia. He has three children. Kerven is very involved with the Boy Scouts of America, where he has leadership roles in his son's troop, in the Northern Ridge District, and in the Atlanta Area Council. For fun, he enjoys outdoor activities, reading and playing card and board games.
- Doctorate – computer science – University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Juris Doctorate – Georgia State University
- Master's – computer engineering – University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Master's – computer science – The New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Bachelor's – electrical engineering – The Johns Hopkins University
- Computers and the law
- Societal impact of information technology (“IT”)
- IT education
- IT professionalism and ethics
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- NASA Summer Faculty Fellow
- First Prize, Nathan Burkan Copyright Essay Competition
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon Association: Computing Sciences Honor Society
- Outer Barristers' Guild Award