Dr. Eric Gresch
Assistant Professor of ManagementDownload vCard
Dr. Eric Gresch earned his B.S. in communications with a minor in business administration at Flagler College in St. Augustine, Fla. After working for five years in the field of advertising, Gresch earned his M.B.A. with a concentration in international business at the University of Florida. He then earned an M.S. in management with concentration in human resource management and organizational change at the University of Central Florida. Gresch completed his Ph.D. in business management with concentrations in human resource management and organizational change at Auburn University. Gresch’s primary research interests are in the areas in human resource development, organizational change, and pedagogy.
- Doctorate – management – Auburn University, 2011
- Areas of concentration
- Human resources management
- Organizational analysis and change management
- Chair: Stanley Harris, Torchmark Professor of Management
- Title: Emotion in Organizational Change: Exploring Antecedents and Outcomes
- Areas of concentration
- Master's of Science (M.S.) – management – University of Central Florida, 2003
- Concentration: human resources management and organizational change
- Master's of Business Administration (M.B.A.) – international business – University of Florida, 2001
- Studied at Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico
- IB2000 Export Program, Gainesville, Fla.; London
- Bachelor's – communications (business minor) – Flagler College, 1994
- Cum Laude honors
- Human resource development
- Organizational change
- Gresch, E., & Rawls, J. (2017). Secrets to success: Business skills and knowledge that students find most useful in succeeding in a capstone course simulation. Journal of Education for Business, 92(7), 358-367.
- Ruiz, C. & Hamlin, R. G., Gresch, E. (2017). Contemporary Perceptions of Effective and Ineffective Managerial Behavior: A 21st century case from the U.S.A. Journal of Management Policy and Practice, 18 (1), 59-77.
- Huff, K. C., Song, P., & Gresch, E. (2014). Cultural Intelligence, Personality, and Cross-Cultural Adjustment: A Study of Expatriates in Japan. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 38, 151-157
- Hammond, G. D., Gresch, E. B., and Vitale, D. C. (2011). Homegrown Process Improvement Employing a Change Message Model. Journal of Organizational Change Management, 24, 487-510.
- Harris, S. G., Gresch, E. B. (2010). The Emotions of Change: Merger Sentiments, Pleasure and Emotional Expression. In Zerbe, W.J., Härtel, C. E. J., & Ashkanasy, N. M. (Eds.) Research on emotion in organizations, Volume 6: Emotions in Creativity, Learning, and Change. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing/JAI Press
- 2011 Southern Management Association conference paper, “Exploring Linkages between Organizational Change Message Strategies and Change Recipient Beliefs”, selected as Best Doctoral Paper in the Human Resource Management & Careers track for 2011
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)