Dr. Eugene Berger
Associate Professor of History
- Office C-1333
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 678.964.5851
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Eugene Berger is a historian of Latin America and has taught at GGC since 2011. His primary research interests lie in 17th century South America and include Franciscan missions, indigenous slavery and Dutch piracy.
Berger is very active in GGC’s internationalization efforts. He teaches classes in The Latin American Studies certificate program and took GGC students to Chile in 2014. (Please ask him more about the trip). He has visited 14 countries and speaks Spanish fluently.
Berger has been happily married for more than 15 years and has a son in middle school.
- Doctorate – Latin American history – Vanderbilt University
- Master’s – Latin American history – Vanderbilt University
- Bachelor’s – Latin American history – Willamette University
- Conference on Latin American History
- Southern Historical Association