Ms. Joye Cauthen
Acquisitions Librarian, Instructor, Librarian I
- Office L-0118
- Office Phone 678.407.5096
- Cell Phone
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Joye Cauthen is thrilled to be a part of the Collections Development team at the Kaufman Library. “We are dedicated to the expansion and preservation of vitally important resources. These resources equal the playing field and empower and equip our students and faculty to reach their fullest potentials. To say that this work is exciting would be an understatement.”
For students particularly, she believes the Library brings about an optimism and confidence that anything is possible. Come to the library where inspiration and self-reliance will intertwine and send you forth to…"Go Be Great!" (quotation by charter president and eponym, Dr. Daniel J. Kaufman, displayed over exit on north wall.)
Each day Cauthen strives to help our students have a productive, meaningful and enjoyable college experience. She believes that all of us at GGC have unlimited opportunities to help students develop a “can do” attitude. To that end, Cauthen earned certification in April 2016 as an appreciative advisor through the Office of Appreciative Education at Florida Atlantic University. Certification is evidence of demonstrated ability and effort to optimize the educational experiences of students served.
Cauthen is a professional speaker and storyteller. She especially loves presenting programs on Georgia’s fascinating and rich literary heritage. She is involved in community theatre as a performer and scriptwriter and facilitates a local writers group. But by far, her favorite pastime is to visit with family and friends on her screened-in porch!
- Master's – library and information science – Valdosta State University
- Bachelor's – speech communication – University of Georgia
- ALA – American Library Association
- GLA – Georgia Library Association
- GAIT – Georgia Association for Instructional Technology, Inc.
- Beta Phi Mu, International Library and Information Studies Honor Society
- NACADA – National Academic Advising Association