Dr. Juliet D'Souza
Associate Professor of FinanceDownload vCard
Dr. D'Souza joined GGC in 2007. She is passionate about teaching and doing research in the areas of finance. She teaches courses in corporate finance, intermediate finances, investments, international finance, financial markets and financial planning. Her research has been in the area of privatization and she has been published in journals such as Journal of Finance and Journal of Corporate Finance. D'Souza is a certified public accountant, State of Georgia, since 1992.
She has led study abroad programs to China and Chile. She was also awarded the Fulbright Hayes Scholarship to Russia, Lithuania and Latvia. She enjoys traveling and learning about different cultures, governments and economics. She played an instrumental role in having the students start the Finance Club, and now is an advisor to the Finance Club at GGC.
- Doctorate – finance – University of Georgia
- Master's – MBA/finance & international business – Mercer University
- Bachelor's – business (M.Com) – University of Bombay
- Bachelor's – business (B.Com) – University of Bombay
- Research: privatization, private equity and buyouts, corporate finance, international corporate finance, domestic and international securities markets
- Teaching: corporate finance (core and intermediate), financial markets, international finance, investment, financial planning
- D'Souza, J., Nash, R., & Megginson, W. (2007), "The Effect of Changes in Corporate Governance and Restructurings on Operating Performance: Evidence from Privatizations" Global Finance Journal.
- D'Souza, J., Megginson, W., & Nash, R. (2005), Effect of Institutional and Firm-Specific Characteristics on Post-Privatization Performance: Evidence from Developed Countries, Journal of Corporate Finance, 11, 747-766.
- Wei, Z., Varela, O., Hassan, K., & D'Souza, J. (2003), The Financial and Operating Performance of China's Newly Privatized Firms, Financial Management, 32 (2).
- Bortolotti, B., D'Souza, J., Fantini, M., & Megginson, W. D. (2002), Privatization and the Sources of Performance Improvement in the Global Telecommunications Industry, Telecommunications Policy, 26, 243-268.
- D'Souza, J. & Megginson, W. (1999), The Financial and Operating Performance of Privatized Firms during the 1990s, Journal of Finance, 4.
- Financial Management Association