Dr. Kristi Bruce Amatucci
Assistant Professor of Literacy Education
- Office C-G329
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 678.516.5498
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Kristi Amatucci has been at Georgia Gwinnett College since 2010. She currently teaches READ 4000, Literacy Integration, and ELAN 3000, Language, Literacy, and Culture, for the School of Education. Before completing her Ph.D., Amatucci was a high school literature and composition teacher for six years in Athens, Ga. She is a lifelong reader and a published author.
Amatucci has presented her work at regional, national and international conferences. She has published in English Education, English Teaching: Practice and Critique, Qualitative Inquiry, the International Review of Qualitative Research, and Cultural Studies<=>Critical Methodologies.
Amatucci also enjoys travel, photography, movies, music and yoga.
- Doctorate – language and literacy education – University of Georgia
- Master’s – English education – University of Georgia
- Bachelor’s – comparative literature – University of Georgia
- Reading and writing pedagogies
- Digital literacies
- Teacher education
- Qualitative methodologies
- Distinguished Qualitative Dissertation Award (2011), The International Center for Qualitative Inquiry
- Genelle Morain Award for Outstanding Doctoral Teaching (2010), Language and Literacy Education, University of Georgia
- Teacher Consultant, Red Clay Writing Project