Dr. Laura D. Young
Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Office RL-3301J
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 470.217.5921
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Laura D. Young is a graduate from Purdue University in Lafayette, Ind. She received her Ph.D. from Purdue in August 2013 with an emphasis in international relations. Young specializes in global security issues and environmental policy. In addition to numerous other research projects, Young is currently working on a book titled "Making States: An Historical Approach to Modern Day State Building, " which explores the relationship between resource scarcity and state capacity throughout history.
- Doctorate – political science – Purdue University
- Environmental policy
- Causes of war
- Foreign policy
- State formation
- Global politics
- 2018, Young, Laura D. “Celebrity Diplomacy,” in The Encyclopedia of Diplomacy. Ed. Gordon Martel, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- 2018, Young, Laura D. & James McCann. “The Comparative Politics of Public Relations,” in The Global Public Relations Handbook: Theory, Research, and Practice, 4th ed., Ed. Krishnamurthy Sriramesh, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Publishers
- 2018, Lewkowicz, Michael, Laura D. Young, Dovile Budryte, & Scott Boykin. “Bringing the Study of American Government to Life in a Diverse Classroom: Internationalization and Personalization,” in Handbook on Internationalization.
- 2017, Kerven, David, Kristine Nagel, Stella Smith, Sherly Abraham & Laura D. Young. “Cybersecurity: Scenario-Based Inquiry for Engagement in Computer Literacy Education,” SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science, Seattle (March), pages 303-308 DOI: 10.1145/3017680.3017753.
- 2013, Young, Laura D. “Unilateral Presidential Policy Making and the Impact of Crises." Presidential Studies Quarterly. (June) 43:2.
- 2017 Nominee, Outstanding Faculty Full-Time Teaching Award – Georgia Gwinnett College
- 2017 Nominee, Outstanding Faculty Service Award – Georgia Gwinnett College
- 2017 Nominee, Outstanding Faculty Student Engagement Award – Georgia Gwinnett College
- 2015 Distinguished Faculty of the Year, Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor
- Society – Purdue University
- 2015 Most Outstanding Faculty Member in Academics, Research, and Service, Favorite Faculty
- Student Committee, University Residents – Purdue University
- 2013 Associate Fellow Induction, Teaching Academy – Purdue University
- 2013 Committee for the Education of Teaching Assistants Award
- 2012 Outstanding Independent Instructor Award
- American Political Science Association
- International Studies Association
- Women's Caucus for Political Science