Mrs. Lawana Johnson Haynes
Assistant Director of Financial Aid – Customer Service
- Office D-1318
- Office Phone 678.407.5824
- Cell Phone
- Email Address email@example.com
Mrs. Haynes calls Houston, Texas home although she has been in Metro Atlanta since 2003. She began her career in education the same year at Gwinnett County Public Schools and subsequently at Georgia Gwinnett College in 2010 for Enrollment Management’s One Stop Shop. Within sixteen months, Haynes moved to Financial Aid, first as a counselor and eight months later as the scholarship coordinator.
Haynes was also one of two co-directors for the African American Male Initiative (AAMI) during its charter year of 2012-13. The awarded grant, offered through the University System of Georgia (USG), was a $10,000 matching grant focused on African American male admission, retention and graduation within the USG. The first year’s results where impressive with cumulative GPAs that were more than 26% higher than the average incoming freshman male and more than 48% higher than the average incoming African American freshman male.
Additionally, Haynes was recognized as Outstanding Staff in Georgia Gwinnett College’s Convocation, which celebrates student, faculty and staff that exemplify the college’s four core values of scholarship, leadership, service and creativity. Haynes is also a charter GGC Alumni Board Member involved in the creation of the board.
- Master’s – higher education administration – Georgia Southern University (in progress)
- Bachelor’s – psychology – Georgia Gwinnett College
- Associate’s – business administration – Georgia Perimeter College
- Advocacy for underrepresented groups in education
- GGC Outstanding Staff, 2012-13
- Omicrom Delta Kappa, Georgia Southern University
- Charter Georgia Gwinnett College Alumni Board
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Southern Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Georgia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- American Psychological Association (APA)