Dr. M. Diane Dorsett
Associate Professor of BiologyDownload vCard
Dr. Diane Dorsett joined Georgia Gwinnett College faculty as an associate professor in the fall of 2006. Prior to joining GGC, she served as the Department Coordinator for Natural Sciences at the Atlanta Campus of Georgia Military College. During her professional career, Dorsett has worked at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where she investigated pathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection. Her doctoral research investigated immune responses to heat shock proteins of Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Her current research interests include immune responses to pathogenic microbes and emerging infectious diseases.
- Bachelor's – biology – Emory University
- Immune response to pathogenic microbes
- Emerging infectious diseases
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, Pinnacle Scholarship Award