Mrs. Mary Beerman, MN, RN, CCRN
Instructor of NursingDownload vCard
After practicing for 25 years in the specialty of cardiovascular nursing, Mary Beerman has taught nursing at the baccalaureate level since 2003. Prior to joining the faculty at GGC in Fall 2015, she taught at Mercer University as a clinical associate professor. She has maintained certification in critical care nursing (CCRN) for the last 25 years. She enjoys developing creative teaching strategies relating learning to clinical practice, as well as mentoring students in their professional growth during their studies and post-graduation. While teaching at Mercer University, she received the Distinguished Faculty of the Year award, Innovations in Teaching Award for the entire university, and the Daisy Faculty Award from the Daisy Foundation. She has done research on the "flipped classroom." She has presented her innovative teaching strategies at state, national and international conferences.
- Master's – nursing – Emory University
- Bachelor's – nursing – Georgia State University
- Diploma – nursing – Georgia Baptist Hospital School of Nursing
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing