Dr. Melinda Cline
Professor of Management Information Systems
- Office C-2159
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 678.575.4333
- Email Address email@example.com
Dr. Melinda Cline is a professor of management information systems and the alumni data coordinator in the School of Business at Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, Georgia. She has taught at the university level for more than 15 years. She received her Ph.D. in management and information science from Florida State University in 1999, after having spent 15 years in the freight railroad industry.
Her professional experience includes numerous leadership and project management positions while designing and implementing information systems for CSX Transportation, New Zealand Railways, Queensland Railways and the Southern Pacific Transportation Company.
Her research is published in numerous academic journals including the Journal of Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Decision Support Systems, and the Managerial Auditing Journal.
- Doctorate – management and information science – Florida State University
- Bachelor’s – management – University of West Florida
- Value of information systems investments
- Project management
- Cline, M.K., St. John, Jeremy, & Guynes, C.S., (2015) “Business Administration Students as Surrogates for IT Professionals,” American Journal of Business Education, 8(1), 1-6.
- St. John, J., Guynes, C.S., & Cline, M.K., (2015), “Recent Trends in Offshoring Relationships,” Review of Business Information Systems, 19(1), 1-4. .
- Huff, K., Cline, M.K., & Guynes, C. S. (2012) “Web-Based Testing: Exploring the Relationship between Hardware Usability and Test Performance,” American Journal of Business Education, 5(2), March/April, 179-186. ion, 5(2), March/April, 179-186.
- Cline, M.K., Guynes, C.S. & Reilly, R. (2009) “Information Technology Investment,” Review of Business Information Systems, 13(3), 11-16.
- Jensen, B., Cline, M.K. & Guynes, C.S. (2007) “HIPAA, Privacy and Organizational Change: A Challenge for Management,” ACM SIGCAS Computers and Society, 37(1), June, 12-17.
- Jensen, B., Cline, M.K. & Guynes, C.S. (2006) “Teaching the Undergraduate CS Information Security Course,” Inroads – The SIGCSE Bulletin, 38(2), June, 61-63.
- Jones, M., Cline, M.K. & Ryan, S. (2006) “Exploring Knowledge Sharing in ERP Implementation: An Organizational Culture Framework,” Decision Support Systems, January, 411-434.
- Cline, M.K. (2005) “Contradictory Issues in Information Technology Management,” International Journal of Management and Information Systems, 3(10), Spring, 63-86.
- Ismail, Tariq & Cline, M.K. (2005) “Investment Appraisal Under Conditions of Continuous and Discrete Cash Flows and Discounting,” Managerial Auditing Journal, 20(1), 30-35.
- Cline, M.K. & Guynes, C.S. (2004) “IT Investment is Strategic to a Firm’s Survival,” Information Strategy: The Executive’s Journal, 20(3), Spring, 39-47.
- Cline, M.K. & Guynes, C.S. (2001) “The Impact of Information Technology Investment on Enterprise Performance: A Case Study,” Information Systems Management, Fall, 70-76.
- Cline, M.K. & Guynes, C.S. (2001) “A Study of the Impact of Information Technology Investment on Firm Performance,” The Journal of Computer Information Systems, Spring, 15-19.
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Decision Sciences Institute