Dr. Michael Lewkowicz
Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Office I-3130
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 678.471.3289
- Email Address email@example.com
Before joining Georgia Gwinnett College in 2011, Dr. Lewkowicz served as a visiting faculty member at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Kent State University and Iowa State University.
Lewkowicz’s academic interests are varied, but his research focuses upon political behavior, especially political participation. He has taught a variety of courses in American politics, with topics ranging from governmental institutions (e.g. the presidency, Congress) to mediating institutions (e.g. media, interest groups, political parties) to political attitudes and behavior, to public policy.
- Doctorate – political science – University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Master's – political science – Marquette University
- Bachelor's – journalism – Marquette University
- Political behavior
- Political participation
- Media and politics
- Public policy
- The American presidency
- “The Effectiveness of Elite Cues as Heuristics in Proposition Elections.” 2006. American Politics Research 54, 1: 51-68.