Dr. Pratima Chakrabarti Darr
Assistant Professor of Biology
- Office C-1159
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 678.471.1963
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Pratima Darr teaches classes in biology including general biology for majors and non-majors and microbiology. She also supervises STEC 4500 research that centers on the microbiome of bat hibernacula (caves where bats hibernate).
Immediately prior to joining GGC, Darr was an assistant professor of biology at Dalton State College in Dalton, Ga.
Prior to her time as a biology educator, Darr was a long-term post-doctoral researcher in the Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School. During this time she also taught as an adjunct for many years at the Community College of Allegheny County.
- Doctorate – biological sciences – Carnegie Mellon University
- Bachelor’s – microbiology – University of Pittsburgh
- Microbial ecology
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science