Dr. Rebecca M. Eaker
Assistant Professor of PsychologyDownload vCard
Dr. Rebecca Eaker has a Ph.D. from the University of Georgia with a focus on counseling, counselor education and social justice. Her background includes working as a clinical social worker and therapist in the psychiatric and mental health setting as well as many years as a counselor in the alternative school setting, working with a diverse population of at-risk students. Eaker also worked as a student mentor at Georgia Gwinnett College during the 2015-2016 school year.
Her research interests include gender identity development with a focus on gender nonconformity in childhood and adolescence, as well as multiculturalism and social justice in academic settings. Eaker continues to write and publish for peer-reviewed academic journals and presents at state, regional and national conferences in the field of counseling and counselor education.
- Doctorate – The University of Georgia
- Counselor education
- Social justice in academic settings
- Gender nonconformity
- Family dynamics in gender identity development
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision