Dr. Robert Lutz
Associate Professor of Information Technology
- Office H-3239
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 678.744.5889
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Robert Lutz is an assistant professor of information technology in the School of Science and Technology at Georgia Gwinnett College. At GGC, he teaches courses in programming, mobile application development and digital media. A New Jersey native, he earned his Ph.D. in information systems from New Jersey Institute of Technology and a master's in business administration (MBA) from Rutgers University School of Management. Prior to enrolling in graduate school, Lutz received an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering from Villanova University.
In 2011, Lutz relocated to Lawrenceville, Ga. along with his family to join GGC. Lutz has more than 30 years of IT industry experience comprised of senior technical sales and software engineering leadership roles. He has worked in the aerospace, CAD/CAM, dot-com and cloud computing industries. Prior to joining GGC, he taught on multiple information technology topics in both academic and commercial settings.
His primary academic interests include technology education research, human computer interaction, software engineering, cloud computing and ubiquitous computing. He is also active in mentoring students in undergraduate research projects.
- Doctorate – information systems – New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Master's – business administration – Rutgers University
- Bachelor's – mechanical engineering – Villanova University
- Machine learning
- Mixed reality
- Technology education research
- Mobile app development
- Human computer interaction
- Software engineering
- Emerging technology
- Autonomous vehicles
- GGC Outstanding Teaching Award, 2015–2016
- GGC Top Claw Award, Spring 2015