Ms. Susan Bleyle
Assistant Professor of English for Academic PurposesDownload vCard
Ms.Bleyle has been teaching English as a Second Language and English for Academic Purposes in both adult education and higher education contexts for more than 15 years. She previously taught at DeKalb Technical College, The International Rescue Committee, The Latin American Association, Georgia State University and Georgia Perimeter College before joining the faculty of Georgia Gwinnett College in 2007.
Bleyle has a bachelor’s degree in Russian from Oberlin College and a master's degree in applied linguistics from Georgia State University. Her professional interests include multiple language acquisition, teaching generation 1.5 students and the use of automated essay-scoring in writing courses. She is an avid language learner herself and enjoys speaking German, Spanish, Russian and Bosnian.
- Master's – applied linguistics – Georgia State University
- Bachelor's – Russian and Soviet studies – Oberlin College
- Multiple language acquisition
- Generation 1.5 students
- Automated essay scoring
- Academic Excellence Award, Georgia State University
- Woman of Impact Award, Georgia Perimeter College
- Nominee, Excellence in Service Award, Georgia Gwinnett College.