Dr. Suzanne Biedenbach
Associate Professor of EnglishDownload vCard
Dr. Suzanne Biedenbach earned her Ph.D. from the University of Akron in 2004. Since beginning her teaching career in 1988, she has taught many levels of writing including basic writing, first-year composition, advanced composition and professional writing. In her approach to teaching writing, she strives to employ a variety of teaching strategies aimed at assisting her students in becoming self-regulated independent learners who understand the connections between and are able to maneuver back and forth through the various discourse communities in which they find themselves.
When she is not teaching, meeting with students or tutoring student-athletes, she loves spending time with her children and grandchildren, attending GGC Grizzlies athletic events and traveling to as many different Minor League Baseball games as she can each summer.
- Doctorate – composition and rhetoric – University of Akron
- Master's – professional writing – Wright State University
- Bachelor's – communications and English – Mount Union College
- Self-efficacy and motivation of college-level basic writers
- Communication, motivation and retention within learning communities
- The teaching of writing in secondary education
- Argument and persuasion