Dr. Tariq Adwan
Part-time Faculty, Biology
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 678.628.9355
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
BiographyDr. Tariq Adwan graduated from Misericordia University with his B.S. in biology and chemistry with honors. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Colorado from the program of cell biology, stem cells and development where he also did his postdoctoral fellowship. His research focused on understanding the molecular mechanism underlying salivary gland dysfunction in head and cancer patients. While a graduate student and a postdoctoral fellow, Adwan received a number of grants and awards including the National Institute of Health’s National Research Service Award. In addition, Adwan is a co-author on a number of high-impact peer-reviewed publications and was invited to present his work at a number of scientific meetings, including the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology Conference on Lipid Mediated Signaling in Cancer. Adwan is currently the chief scientific officer of Alpha Genomix Laboratories. Before joining Alpha Genomix, Adwan worked as an assistant professor at An-Najah National University, School of Medicine.
- Doctorate – cell biology, stem cells and development – University of Colorado
- Bachelor's – biology and chemistry – Misericordia University
- Molecular diagnostics
- Molecular biology
- Stem cells
- Young Alumnus Award, Misericordia University, August 24, 2017.
- Recipient, National Research Service Award, Pre-doctoral Fellowship, NIDCR/NIH, February, 2009–August, 2011.
- First place, Best Poster Award, Cell and Developmental Biology Retreat, September, 2007.
- Recipient, Misericordia University Board of Trusties Award. Annually awarded to one student exemplifying the College’s academic, leadership and service ideals, May, 2005.
- Recipient, Judith Ellis Academic Scholarship, September, 2003–May, 2005.
- Dean’s list, Misericordia University, 2001–2003
- Recipient, Sisters of Mercy Peace Scholarship, awarded for proven leadership skills and an outstanding record of peace building activities. September, 2002–May, 2005.
- Recipient, McAuley Award, given by Misericordia University for an outstanding service and leadership record. September, 2001–May, 2005.