Dr. Todd Mueller
Associate Professor of Music
- Office I-3107
- Office Phone
- Cell Phone 678.682.5660
- Email Address email@example.com
Dr. Todd Mueller joined the faculty of the School of Liberal Arts in August 2010. Prior to his GGC appointment, Mueller taught music courses and directed ensembles at Jacksonville State University, University of Georgia, and North Georgia College and State University. He has taught music at most levels of education from pre-school to graduate studies.
Mueller's teaching philosophy is guided by his belief in music's ability to enrich, entertain, engage, educate and enhance life.
Mueller enjoys regularly performing in multiple genres. As a classical musician he is the principal timpanist of North Carolina's Asheville Symphony. He has also performed with most of the professional orchestras in Atlanta, including the Atlanta Opera, Ballet and Symphony, as well as many other regional orchestras. Mueller satisfies his jazz and rock sensibilities by performing with the Odd Trio. He maintains an active performance schedule playing freelance jazz drum-set and Latin percussion with groups such as the Tropical Breeze Steel Band and One-Ton Tomato. Mueller also performs with Arasmas Percussion Group, an ensemble he co-founded to perform percussion-ensemble repertoire.
Mueller earned his bachelor's of music in percussion performance from Florida State University. He earned both his master's and doctoral degrees from the University of Georgia. He has been a student of Thomas McCutchen, Gary Werdesheim and Mark Yancich.
- Doctorate – performance, musicology minor – University of Georgia
- Master's – music performance – University of Georgia
- Bachelor's – music performance – Florida State University
- The effects of internationalization on music
- Performance practices for timpani
- New music for percussion
- Music appreciation methods, topics and effects
- Principal Timpanist of the Asheville Symphony
- Presenter at the PAS International Convention
- UGA Dissertation Completion Award, 2007-08