Dr. Zachary Friedman
Associate Director of Training in Counseling and Psychological Services
- Office RL-3123C
- Office Phone 678.407.5592
- Cell Phone
- Email Address email@example.com
Dr. Zachary Friedman is a licensed clinical psychologist who serves as the associate director of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at GGC. In addition to seeing students on campus, he serves as the training director for the psychology graduate students training in CAPS.
Friedman previously worked in Chicago at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center (AIMMC) where he saw patients, supervised students and was the director of the adult intensive outpatient and aftercare programs for substance abuse disorders. During his time at AIMMC, Friedman also worked in a primary care clinic, the emergency room and the consult liaison team serving the main hospital.
Friedman completed his internship and postdoc training at AIMMC and received his Psy.D. in clinical psychology from the American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Washington, D.C.
Friedman's clinical interests include: individual and group psychotherapy, psychodrama, mood disorders, anxiety, substance abuse and relationship issues.
- Doctorate – clinical psychology – The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Washington, D.C.
- Master's – clinical psychology – The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Washington, D.C.
- Master's – general psychology – The American University
- Bachelor's – justice and psychology – The American University