What it Means to be a Grizzly
Grizzlies selflessly attend to the strengths, needs, and uniqueness of everyone at GGC. We work together to build meaningful experiences, solve problems, and share resources. Grizzlies create caring and supportive relationships that are essential to learning, persistence, graduation, institutional health, and community growth.
Georgia Gwinnett College will be a premier 21st Century Liberal Arts College where learning will take place continuously in and beyond the confines of the traditional classroom. Its cornerstones will be innovative use of educational technology and a commitment to an integrated educational experience that develops the whole person. GGC will be a wellspring of educational innovation. It will be a dynamic learning community where faculty engagement in teaching and mentoring students will be the hallmark. It will be a driving force for change in student success. As such, it will be a model for innovative approaches to education, faculty engagement with students, and highly efficient student, facility, and administrative services.
Georgia Gwinnett College provides access to targeted baccalaureate and associate level degrees that meet the economic development needs of the growing and diverse population of the northeast Atlanta metropolitan region. It emphasizes the innovative use of technology and active-learning environments to provide students enhanced learning experiences, practical opportunities to apply knowledge, increased scheduling flexibility, and a variety of course delivery options. Georgia Gwinnett’s outstanding faculty and staff actively engage students in various learning environments, serve as mentors and advisors, and assist students through programs designed to enhance their academic, social, and personal development. GGC produces contributing citizens and future leaders for Georgia and the nation. Its graduates are inspired to contribute to the local, state, national, and international communities and are prepared to anticipate and respond effectively to an uncertain and changing world.
As a charter 21st Century Institution GGC will do the following:
- Produce graduates who can anticipate and respond effectively to the changing world.
- Inspire graduates to be contributing citizens and community leaders.
- Achieve significant levels of student success in retention, progression and graduation.
- Innovatively design and deliver educational programs and support services.
- Engage with Gwinnett County and surrounding communities to support student development and community needs.
- Create a culture devoted to the holistic development of students.
- Acquire the resource base needed to accomplish its mission and vision.
- Serve as a resource for innovation for the broader educational community.