Campus Alerts & Timely Warnings
||Building A status update:
Update: An event occurred in Building A prior to 8 a.m. this morning. Preventive measures went into effect shutting down power. Technology in Building A was initially powered by a UPS and remained in service until approximately 8:44 a.m. at which point the batteries were drained and the telephone system became disabled.
At 10:18 a.m., the UPS for sustaining connectivity to additional buildings ran out of power affecting buildings A, D, F, I, P, Parking Deck.
An emergency generator was connected to the technology equipment in Building A, and connectivity was restored at 10:59 a.m. with the telephone system becoming operational a few minutes later.
||Building A closed Tuesday, March 22nd.: The A building will be closed for tomorrow, Tuesday, March 22. Some classes, normally held in Building A will be relocated to other locations. Classes meeting in all other academic buildings will meet as normal. Students should continue to check with their faculty, GGC email and D2L class sites for further instructions.
||Building A day classes are cancelled.: Update: Building A day classes are cancelled. Classes beginning at 6:30 p.m. may be moved to another location. Please check with your faculty. All other classes remain on schedule. Vehicles may be retrieved from the Building A parking lots.
||Students should contact their faculty.: Students should contact their faculty for more information about classes that were to be held in Building A. Campus phones are currently inoperable. Repairs are underway.
||Building A closed for day.: Building A closed for day. Until further notice, Building A and the Building A parking lots are off limits until further notice. Employees from Building A should report to LVIS for further guidance. Classes in all other buildings, except in Building A, will remain on schedule for the rest of the day.
||Building A closed until at least 1pm. Update.: Building A closed until at least 1 p.m. Fire related incident reported at GGC Building A. The building will remain closed until at least 1 p.m. The Collins Industrial Way/Collins Hill Rd. access to campus is closed until further notice. All other access roads are open. Due to the incident in Building A, the following buildings will lose IT capability: Buildings A, D, F, I, P, and the Parking Deck.
||Building A closed until at least 1pm.: Building A closed until at least 1pm. Fire related incident reported at GGC Building A. The building will remain closed until at least 1PM.
||Clery Act Safety Alert Robbery by Sudden Snatch:
Clery Act Safety Alert
Robbery by Sudden Snatch
- Incident Date/Time: February 5, 2016, 1:00PM
- Incident Location: In front of A Building
- Incident Description: A female student reported a Robbery by Sudden Snatch occurring in front of A building. She was selling a cell phone over social media and agreed to meet a buyer in front of the A Building. She met with two black males and as she was holding the phone one of the suspects grabbed the phone and they drove away.
Description of Suspect(s):
• Suspect 1: Driver of the car was a dark skin black male with tattoos on his left arm
• Suspect 2: Passenger in the car was a light skin black male
Kia Optima, possibly burgundy or maroon in color, dent on driver side door, the car drove off toward Collins Industrial Way. Possible Florida tag - 724 RDT.
• Persons who may have witnessed activity related to this incident or who believe they can identify the suspect(s) are encouraged to contact the GGC Office of Public Safety at 678-407-5333.
• Members of the campus community are encouraged to remain vigilant and aware of their surroundings and to immediately report suspicious activity to the GGC Office of Public Safety at 678-407-5333 or by calling 911.
• Individuals who buy and sell items through social media are encouraged to contact the campus police department and arrange to conduct the transition at the Office of Public Safety.
See Something, Say Something!
Clery Act Requirements
Federal law, the Clery Act, requires colleges and universities to report certain crime statistics as well as to make timely notifications about crimes that pose a threat to the community. The purpose of this alert is to help make you aware of crime so that you are able to take appropriate precautions.
We Serve – We Protect – We Care
The Office of Public Safety is responsible for providing a safe and secure educational environment for the entire Georgia Gwinnett College campus.
As a member of the campus community, we are committed to working on partnerships with all organizations and with each other to identify and resolve issues that impact campus safety.
We will encourage participation and input from all levels of our organization and all individuals and groups on campus.
We are committed to nurturing the public trust by holding ourselves accountable to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics.
We dedicate ourselves to professional law enforcement service through an open system of communication, partnerships, self improvement, enhanced operational procedures and the utilization of problem solving methods and strategies.
Additional Contact Information
Emergencies 678.407.5333, 770.682.9620 or 911
Terrance Schneider, Associate VP of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness/Chief of Police