||GGC Closing: Georgia Gwinnett College will close at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, January 06, 2017, and remain closed through Sunday, January 08, due to forecasted inclement weather conditions. On Monday, January 09, GGC will resume normal hours.
Georgia Gwinnett College will close Saturday, January 7 and Sunday, January 8, due to forecasted inclement weather conditions.
||Lonnie Harvel Blvd. closed:
Lonnie Harvel Blvd. is temporarily closed between Building B and Student Housing 1000 due to a brush fire. Use alternative routes and plan for heavier than normal traffic conditions.
||Students should contact their faculty.: Students should contact their faculty for more information about classes that were to be held in Building A. Campus phones are currently inoperable. Repairs are underway.
||Clery Act Safety Alert Robbery by Sudden Snatch:
Clery Act Safety Alert
Robbery by Sudden Snatch
- Incident Date/Time: February 5, 2016, 1:00PM
- Incident Location: In front of A Building
- Incident Description: A female student reported a Robbery by Sudden Snatch occurring in front of A building. She was selling a cell phone over social media and agreed to meet a buyer in front of the A Building. She met with two black males and as she was holding the phone one of the suspects grabbed the phone and they drove away.
Description of Suspect(s):
• Suspect 1: Driver of the car was a dark skin black male with tattoos on his left arm
• Suspect 2: Passenger in the car was a light skin black male
Kia Optima, possibly burgundy or maroon in color, dent on driver side door, the car drove off toward Collins Industrial Way. Possible Florida tag - 724 RDT.
• Persons who may have witnessed activity related to this incident or who believe they can identify the suspect(s) are encouraged to contact the GGC Office of Public Safety at 678-407-5333.
• Members of the campus community are encouraged to remain vigilant and aware of their surroundings and to immediately report suspicious activity to the GGC Office of Public Safety at 678-407-5333 or by calling 911.
• Individuals who buy and sell items through social media are encouraged to contact the campus police department and arrange to conduct the transition at the Office of Public Safety.
See Something, Say Something!
Clery Act Requirements
Federal law, the Clery Act, requires colleges and universities to report certain crime statistics as well as to make timely notifications about crimes that pose a threat to the community. The purpose of this alert is to help make you aware of crime so that you are able to take appropriate precautions.