Report an emergency.
If You are INDOORS
- Get under a desk, table, or supported doorway.
- Stay away from glass windows, shelves, and heavy equipment.
- Immediately evacuate the building when the earthquake is over and go to building assembly area.
- Notify first responders of any injured/trapped inside building.
- Assist the building manager in accounting for occupants.
- Assist injured persons.
If You are OUTDOORS
- Stay in the open, away from structures, until shaking subsides.
- Beware of fires, downed utility lines, and aftershocks.
- Assist with evacuation of the buildings if requested by first responders.
If You are DRIVING
- Pull to the side of the road, and stop away from buildings, trees, overpasses.
- Avoid utility lines or other objects that may fall.
- Set brakes and turn off the ignition.
- Stay in the vehicle until the earthquake is over
[ return to list ]