Report an emergency.
Hazardous Materials Incident
- DO NOT attempt to clean up the accident unless you are trained or authorized to do so.
- Take immediate steps to clear personnel from the spill or hazard area.
- Do not let others enter the area.
- Help anyone who requires assistance.
- Call Public Safety at 678.407.5333, and follow their instructions.
- Typically, the building manager, senior first responder, or Incident Commander will approve a building or area evacuation order. Generally, the evacuation notification will include pulling the fire alarm.
- If an evacuation order is given, proceed to the building assembly area for accountability and await instructions.
- If the accident occurs outdoors, immediately proceed upwind from the incident location at least 300 feet.
- Eye or skin contact: Flush the affected area immediately with running water. If a corrosive material comes in contact with the eyes, seconds count – use any available water source to wash away the contaminant. Have someone call Public Safety at 678.407.5333. Continue rinsing the skin or eyes until help arrives.
[ return to list ]