Report an emergency.
- Immediately notify GGC Public Safety at 678.407.5333 or 911.
- Provide the dispatcher with your name, location, number of injured/sick, and a brief description.
- Provide first aid to the best of your ability and follow the dispatcher instructions.
- Use precautions to prevent your exposure to bodily fluids.
- Refrain from moving the patient unless it is absolutely necessary for safety reasons.
- Send a person to meet the police officer or EMS personnel to lead them to the patient.
- Stay calm and reassure the patient that help is on the way.
- Make the patient as comfortable as possible.
- If possible, clear the area for emergency responders.
[ return to list ]