The Rave Guardian app, available for download on iPhone and Android devices, enhances safety on campus through a network of friends, family and Public Safety.
A product of Rave Mobile Safety, Rave Guardian features a panic button that allows you to connect directly and immediately to Public Safety with GPS location and personal profile information. The app also features a tip texting function that enables anonymous crime tip reporting and two-way communication via SMS or mobile app. It includes the ability for you to manage and message your guardians by inviting family, friends or others to be your guardian, and communicating with them within the app, as needed. When you call Public Safety during an emergency, Rave Guardian automatically provides them with your enhanced caller profile which shows Public Safety important information such as your name, photo, medical information and location – dramatically increasing the odds that they can find you and help you, even if you are unable to speak.
- Set a Safety Timer: Notify people you trust to check in on you if you are alone or in an unfamiliar place.
- Manage and Message Your Guardians: Invite family, friends or others to be your Guardian, and communicate with them within the app, as needed.
- Send Emergency Communication: Call safety officials directly for help if you are in trouble, and send text tips – including photos – if you see something suspicious.
Set up a Safety Timer
With the Safety Timer, your status and location are available to those you trust. Set it up when you are heading somewhere unfamiliar, meeting with someone you don’t know or any other time you would like someone to check in with you.
Your Guardians will be notified if your timer expires. Remember to deactivate it when you are safe.
Connect with your Guardians
Your Guardians look out for you – and you look out for them. Add and message Guardians just like you do with your contacts. You can easily communicate directly or via group messaging with those you trust – including the ability to send photos.
If one of your Guardians' Safety Timer has run out, you will be notified by the app, and you will be able to easily check in with that person to see if they are okay. You will also be able to see the location of their phone on a map.
Emergency and Tip Communication
- Call Campus Safety: If you are in trouble on campus, you can easily call your campus safety organization. You can also send a text tip – including photos – where available.
- 9-1-1 Emergency: Make an emergency 9-1-1 call to your local police department.
- The Safety Strip: This tool ensures that the app’s functions are always readily available. Just tap or pull up the shield icon when you need it.
Download Rave Guardian
Rave Guardian is available for download for iPhone and Android devices.