Apply for GGC's Peace Corps Prep Program and increase your chances of acceptance into the Peace Corps.
The Peace Corps Prep Program is a formal cooperative agreement between Georgia Gwinnett College and the Peace Corps that prepares you for international development fieldwork and potential Peace Corps service. Participation in this program will strengthen four core competencies through interrelated coursework, hands-on experience and professional development support. These four competencies, or “learning objectives,” are the following:
- Training and experience in a work sector
- Foreign language skills
- Intercultural competence
- Professional and leadership development
What’s Your Passion?
Build a professional specialty, choosing from one of the six work sectors in which Peace Corps volunteers serve. Focusing on a specialty paired with interrelated coursework and volunteer service will improve your academic experience and increase your career prospects – whether you choose to become a Peace Corps volunteer or not.
- Agriculture: Lead grassroots efforts to fight hunger
Learn more about agriculture
- Community Economic Development: Help communities lift themselves
Learn more about community economic development
- Environment: Forge a global movement to protect our planet
Learn more about environment
- Health: Build healthy global communities
Learn more about health
- Youth in Development: Empower the next generation of leaders
Learn more about youth in development
- Education: Teach lessons that last a lifetime
Learn more about education
Explore more about the Peace Corps 2-Year Program and the over 60 countries where Peace Corps Volunteers serve. Also, learn more about GGC's Peace Corps Prep requirements and how to apply.
Note: Actual Peace Corps assignments are based on local needs, and thus may or may not align seamlessly with your qualifications. Flexibility is central to the Peace Corps experience.
Start your adventure by contacting Cele Blair, assistant director of Education Abroad, email@example.com or 678.407.5597.