Georgia Gwinnett College offers baccalaureate degrees in arts, education, science and business administration with many concentration options within most majors. For additional information about each major, please view Degrees and Programs.
Commencement ceremonies are held three times a year following the fall, spring and summer semesters.
Although students may complete requirements for graduation during any semester, degrees and diplomas will not be officially conferred until the graduation ceremonies. The official date when the student has completed requirements for the degree will be specified on the student's permanent record. All students are required to participate in the Commencement ceremony. Students who cannot attend for some reason known in advance of the ceremony must request to be excused from this requirement by obtaining and completing the In Absentia Request Form (PDF). All necessary signatures must be obtained by the student who should then return the In Absentia Form to the Registrar's Office.
Students must submit their application for graduation online by the graduation application deadline.
- Summer: Feb. 1
- Fall: April 1
- Spring: Oct. 1
- Log in to Banner
- Select: Student and Financial Aid
- Select: View Student Record
- And lastly, select: Apply for Graduation
Review the online graduation application instructions (PDF) for more information.
The graduation fee of $50 covers the cost of the diploma, cap and gown, as well as other administrative costs associated with graduation.
Applications submitted by the deadline, can expect the following:
- Confirmation notice of receipt of your application and the semester you have applied will be sent to your student email account.
- To receive your graduation evaluation audit letter before the Add/Drop deadline of the semester you are applying.
Late applications cannot be guaranteed the following:
- Priority in receiving an evaluation audit before the Add/Drop deadline for the semester you have applied, if applicable.
- If an appeal is submitted after Add/Drop deadline and any course requirement is not MET, your application request will be moved to the next semester.
- Your name may not be available in time to appear in the Commencement program.
For questions about completing your degree or graduation applications, contact the Registrar's Office at 678.407.5700.
In order for Georgia Gwinnett College to confer a baccalaureate degree, the following general requirements must be met:
- 120 semester-hours for students entering prior to Fall 2008
- 123 semester-hours for students entering Fall 2008 forward (includes 3 hours of PE)
- 128 semester-hours for students with a Teacher Certification major (includes 3 hours of PE)
- Complete all of the Areas A – F and major requirements (and PE if required)
- Have a 2.0 GPA. Some majors have higher GPA requirements
- Pay a $50 graduation fee
- Have a minimum of 31 hours in residence (minimum of 30 hours if matriculated prior to Fall 2008)
- Have a minimum of 39 credits at the 3000-4000 level
- Have successful completion of ITEC 1001 (students entering Fall 07)
- Satisfy non-academic requirements to include:
- Constitution (Georgia and U.S.)
- History (Georgia and U.S.)
Note: All fees, fines, and other debts to the College must be paid in order to have your degree awarded. Until all debts are paid, your diploma will be withheld and transcripts will not be issued.