What makes GGC an exciting place to learn to be a teacher? The School of Education has put a lot of thought into that question. The answers are many, and we challenge ourselves to improve on our performance every day. Here's what you can expect from us if you choose to study in the School of Education:
- Small class sizes allow GGC students and faculty to work closely together.
- Committed faculty provide the support and mentoring that help students succeed. GGC’s faculty serve as strong role models for future teachers.
- A focus on the learner guides GGC students to develop classroom environments that meet their students' social, emotional, physical and academic needs.
- GGC's faculty development focuses on the enhancement of teaching and mentoring skills. GGC does not offer tenure. Faculty retention and promotion are dependent upon annual performance evaluations
- Integrated instruction ensures that GGC education students can effectively address all areas of the curriculum when they become teachers.
- Field-based courses give GGC students extensive practice in a wide range of strategies for teaching and managing their classrooms.
- Data-based decision-making enables GGC graduates to evaluate the quality of instruction and assess student progress.
- A strong partnership with the Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) means GGC's teacher education programs address the real-world needs of today’s teachers and schools.
Degrees & Programs
The School of Education offers the following Bachelor of Science degrees in Education:
Georgia Professional Standards Commission Approval Status
The following teacher education programs at Georgia Gwinnett College are approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission: Early Childhood Education, Special Education, and Teacher Certification tracks in biology, English, history, mathematics and political science. Students completing these programs are eligible for initial teacher certification.
The GGC Teacher Education Student Handbook
Georgia Gwinnett College's Teacher Education Student Handbook is a handy summary of policies and procedures that will guide you during your enrollment in the College's Teacher Education Program.