Many students find that they become more confident in their studies after visiting the Academic Enhancement Center (AEC). Available services include tutoring in many disciplines, academic and skill-building workshops, and supplemental instruction.
Access to Trained Tutors
Our trained professional and peer tutors provide 30-minute one-on-one tutoring sessions. Group tutoring sessions are also available to students who have similar questions on course content.
- Writing tutors will work with you at any stage of the writing process. They can provide feedback on a draft, answer your questions, and show you strategies for brainstorming, organizing, drafting and revising. Make sure to bring your assignment sheet and rubric to your tutoring session.
- Mathematics/science/ITEC/business tutors will help you gain a better understanding of course concepts. Come to the tutoring session with your notes, textbook and/or handouts. Be prepared to answer and ask questions.
Resources for Success
- Computers loaded with assessment tools
- Handouts to improve academic learning and study skills, covering grammar, thesis statements, topic sentences, periodic tables, mathematics orders of operations, and more
- Reference books and textbooks
- Citation manuals used in academic research, such as the APA (American Psychological Association), Chicago or MLA (Modern Language Association) styles
How to Receive Tutoring
To schedule an appointment with one of our tutors you can do one of the following:
- Visit the AEC in Building C, Room G360.
- Call 678.407.5191.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-ins are also welcomed. We accept our last tutoring appointment 30 minutes before closing.
Online tutoring, Smarthinking, is also available. Log in to Brightspace by D2L, and click “etutoring” located top right of the page.
The AEC is open throughout the academic year, including summer semesters.
Spring 2017 Hours
|Monday – Thursday||9 a.m. – 9 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.|
|Sunday||1 – 5 p.m.|
Exceptions to Hours
Sunday, March 5 – Sunday, March 12: Closed, Spring Break