Established in January 2015, the English Language Institute (ELI) provides English as a second language (ESL) instruction and cultural learning opportunities on the beautiful campus of Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC).
The ELI offers both regular instruction and special short-term programs for English language learners at a range of proficiency levels. At the ELI, the quality of each student's learning experience is our primary concern.
What is special about the GGC ELI program?
GGC offers international students participating in the ELI a safe location to study, a friendly campus to meet American students and beautiful natural scenery to enjoy the outdoors.
- Study in small classes. ELI classes normally have fewer than 12 students and provide individual attention while studying intensive English.
- Have opportunities to observe undergraduate classes to gain first-hand experience of a U.S. college classroom.
- Take field trips to some important historic sites in the Atlanta area to enrich knowledge of American culture.
- Meet American language partners to practice English and make friends.
- Benefit from learning English in our culturally diverse campus community.