The Mentoring and Advising Center (MAC) offers a range of services and programs to meet the needs of all GGC students.
Student Success Advisors additionally mentor students enrolled in Student Success classes, including English for Academic Purposes (EAP), English, and math. Students can meet with advisors on an appointment or drop-in basis.
The MAC promotes the personal success and academic achievement of students through quality educational advisement, academic planning and targeted skills development.
MAC advisors provide students with information regarding testing, course placement, curricular choices, programs of study and graduation requirements. MAC advisors also clarify academic policies and guidelines required by the Board of Regents and by Georgia Gwinnett College, and connect students with appropriate campus resources and services.
- Advising students on programs of study and course requirements
- Assisting students with developing academic success plans
- Coaching students participating in the Grizzly Renewal Opportunity Workshop (GROW)
- Offering Student Success workshops (topics vary)
- Providing information on: