The Summer Academy is an awesome opportunity for first-time freshmen to get a jump start on their courses and make new friends before the Fall Semester!
In this living-learning environment, students are able to strengthen math and/or English skills, all while building community with fellow students, as well as GGC faculty and staff. Through courses, tutoring, workshops and group activities, students can expect to enhance the academic and social tools needed for successful college completion. All Summer Academy classes and activities take place during the week. No weekend classes or activities will be required.
- Summer Academy, Housing and financial aid applications due by April 15
- Session dates: June 6 – July 27, 2017
- Foundation Track: For students who need to complete a Foundation Math (0987 or 0989) and/or Foundation English (0989) course
- STEM Track: For STEM majors who need to complete Access Math (0999/1111)
In order to participate in the Summer Academy, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted to GGC for the 2017 Summer OR Fall Semester
- Be required to complete a Foundation Math (0987, 989, 0999/1111) and/or Foundation English course (0989)
- Live on campus during the Summer Academy
How to Apply
Submit completed applications, due April 15, by either scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing to New Student Connections:
New Student Connections, RL-3312
Georgia Gwinnett College
1000 University Center Lane
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Students interested in receiving financial aid should complete both the 2016-2017 FAFSA and 2017-2018 FAFSA .
Visit Financial Aid for more information.
Applicants will receive an emailed notice that their application has been received within 48 business hours of its submission. If the application is incomplete, this notice will outline all information that is still needed. Students will be notified of their final application status and result of the required Housing background check within four weeks of their application submission. Applicants who do not successfully pass the required background check for Housing will be unable to participate in the Summer Academy.