Get an early start on college. Experience college life. Take college classes full- or part-time even as you earn your high school diploma.
Georgia's Dual Enrollment program provides eligible high school students with the opportunity to take college courses to satisfy their high school graduation or home study completion requirements while earning college credit.
- You must be a high school student entering the junior or senior year. You must also be age 15 or older by the first day of the semester of enrollment.
- If you took the SAT prior to March 2016: A minimum of 480 Critical Reading and 460 Mathematics scores on the SAT and a combined SAT score of 970.
- If you took the New SAT during or after March 2016, a minimum of a 26 reading test score and a minimum of a 500 math section score is required. In addition, the reading test score will be converted to the comparable old SAT critical reading section score and the math section score will be converted to the comparable old SAT math section score. The sum of these converted scores (old SAT critical reading plus old SAT math score) must also meet or exceed a combined score of 970 minimum score requirement.
- OR, a minimum of 21 English and 19 Mathematics score on the ACT and at least a composite score of 20.
- COMPASS or Accuplacer test scores cannot be used to satisfy the testing requirement.
- A high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher in courses taken from the required College Preparatory Curriculum unit.
- Submit a Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement
- You must follow a plan to complete the University System of Georgia College Preparatory Curriculum requirement on schedule.
- You must take courses from the approved courses list (PDF)
Questions About the Program
How do I apply?
Apply online. When asked for the diploma type, select Dual Enrollment.
Don't forget – you'll need to submit a copy of your high school transcripts and the Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement. Take a look at the GGC classes offered, then meet with your high school counselor and the Dual Enrollment coordinator to plan your class schedule.
Be sure to turn in your application and necessary documents by the application and document deadline.
How do I pay for Dual Enrollment?
- Dual Enrollment will pay the standard tuition rate for bachelor's degree courses at GGC, up to 15 credit hours
- Dual Enrollment will pay for your approved books
- You will pay any course-specific fees, such as lab fees
What if I have other questions about Dual Enrollment?
For additional information or questions regarding Dual Enrollment options, contact: