Entrance Requirements for Freshmen
You're a freshman if you ...
- Have never attended college
- Have fewer than 30 transferable semester hours from another college
Test scores will be required for all freshman applicants. You must meet testing requirements before an admissions decision can be made. You can meet the requirement if you have the minimum scores on one of these tests:
- Minimum SAT scores for SAT taken prior to March 2016 – Critical Reading 430 | Math 400
- Minimum SAT scores for SAT taken during or after March 2016 – Reading Test 24 | Math Section 440
- Minimum ACT scores – English 17 | Math 17
If a student does not meet the minimum SAT/ACT scores, they are required to take the ACCUPLACER placement test. Placement test scores are used to further evaluate and determine admission. The scores are also used for placement in courses. COMPASS scores will not be considered for admission.
For more information on requirements view the catalog.
Please view the full Undergraduate Admissions Policy for the complete set of requirements.
- If you're a beginning freshman you will also need to meet the minimum 2.00 GPA.
- Proficiency in mathematics will allow you to register for an introductory mathematics course (MATH 1111, MATH 2000 and BUSA 2000). SAT or ACT scores are not enough for enrollment in higher mathematics courses (MATH 1113, MATH 2200). If you desire to register for a higher mathematics course, you'll have to take the placement exam or have CLEP, AP or IB credit.
- If you attended a high school outside the United States, your transcripts will need to be evaluated by an approved evaluation service, such as Josef Silny & Associates; World Education Services; or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. You'll need to submit transcripts to an evaluation service and request that an appropriate evaluation be submitted to the Georgia Gwinnett College Office of Admissions.
- A high school diploma from an accredited high school or a public school regulated by a school system and state department of education.
- View the complete policy for undergraduate admissions.
- See the GGC Catalog for detailed information about entrance requirements.
- Learn more about testing.
- Register to take the placement test.