Get an early start on college. Experience college life. Take college classes full- or part-time even as you earn your high school diploma.
Georgia's Move On When Ready (MOWR) program provides eligible high school students with the opportunity to take college courses to satisfy their high school graduation or home study completion requirements while earning college credit.
- You must be a high school student entering the junior or senior year
- If you took the SAT prior to March 2016: A minimum of 480 Critical Reading and 460 Mathematics scores on the SAT and a combined SAT score of 970.
- If you took the New SAT during or after March 2016: A minimum of 26 Reading Test and 500 Math Section scores.
- OR, a minimum of 21 English and 19 Mathematics score on the ACT and at least a composite score of 20.
- COMPASS or Accuplacer test scores cannot be used to satisfy the testing requirement.
- A high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher in courses taken from the required College Preparatory Curriculum unit
- Submit a MOWR Student Participation Agreement (PDF)
- A plan to complete the University System of Georgia College Preparatory Curriculum requirement on schedule
- You must take courses from the approved courses list (PDF)
Questions About the Program
How do I apply?
Apply online. When asked for the diploma type, select "Move On When Ready.”
Don't forget – you'll need to submit a copy of your high school transcripts and the MOWR Student Participation Agreement (PDF). Take a look at the GGC classes offered, then meet with your high school counselor and the Move On When Ready coordinator to plan your class schedule.
Be sure to turn in your application and necessary documents by the application and document deadline.
How do I pay for MOWR?
- MOWR will pay the standard tuition rate for bachelor's degree courses at GGC, up to 15 credit hours
- MOWR will pay for your approved books
- You will pay any course-specific fees, such as lab fees
What if I have other questions about MOWR?
For additional information or questions regarding MOWR options, contact: