Georgia Gwinnett College is committed to the academic success of our military students.
The Office of Veterans Success, a division of Enrollment Management, was created and is dedicated to providing support services and educational benefit programs to U.S. military veterans, national guardsmen, reservists and their eligible dependents and survivors who are enrolled at GGC.
In addition to certifying GI Bill® benefits, the Office of Veterans Success at GGC also provides information from campus-related resources, links to local military support services and contacts for local VA facilities. Also, learn about GGC's ROTC program.
Friendly to Military
GGC is included in the 2017 Military Friendly Schools® list, which honors colleges, universities and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus, according to Victory Media.
The following VA GI Bill® Educational Benefit programs are in place at Georgia Gwinnett College:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill/Chapter 33: must have active duty service on or after September 11, 2001. Benefit is based on service credits.
- Montgomery GI Bill/Chapter 30: (active duty or veteran status) must have served in the United States Armed Forces and participated in the GI Bill program. In most instances, veterans must also have been honorably discharged.
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation/Chapter 31: (service-connected disabled veterans) must make application with local VA caseworker to have rehabilitation plan developed indicating a GGC degree plan.
- Survivors and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program/ Chapter 35: (dependents and spouses of 100% disabled or deceased Veterans).
- Montgomery GI Bill/Chapter 1606: (selected guard and reserves) must have completed all initial entry training (IET) and are now assigned to a Reserve and/or a Georgia National Guard Unit.
- REAP/Chapter 1607: (reservists who were activated for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001).
Specific information on each chapter can be found on the Veteran’s website.
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Current Pay Rates
- ROTC at GGC
- Join our registered student organization – C.O.V.E.R.T. – Coalition of Veterans Engagement, Readiness and Trust