Each year, the Office of Student Accounts prepares Tuition Statements (Form 1098-T), in accordance with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations for each student who is enrolled for any semester or has a reportable transaction during the calendar year.
- IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education
- Form 8863, Education Credits (American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits)
The Office of Student Accounts does not provide tax advice and advises you to speak to your accountant or tax attorney/professional, if needed.
[ Back to top ]
Tuition statements (Form 1098-T) are mailed by Jan. 31, annually for students who have not opted for electronic delivery.
Electronic Access of your Tuition Statement (Form 1098-T)
Students are strongly encouraged to login to Student Account Center to sign up for electronic access of the Tuition Statement 1098-T for quicker delivery.
- Online delivery provides earlier access to the 1098-T statement than traditional mailing.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T statement will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- Students can receive their 1098-T statements even while traveling or on assignment away from their home address.
Access, View and/or Print your 1098-T Statement
To access your 2017 electronic statement (available after Jan. 31), complete the following steps:
- Login to Student Account Center.
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN.
- Click on "My Account" and Select "Statements" to view and print your Form 1098-T.
Statements from Previous Years
To access your electronic Tuition Statement issued between 2013 and 2017, complete the following steps:
- Login to Heartland ECSI.
- Click on the "Sign In" or "Register" button at the top of the page and enter your EasyPath profile username and password.
- If you do not have an EasyPath profile username or password, complete the registration process. Please note that the information you enter must match with that on record. Upon completion of the registration process, you will receive your unique Heartland Key (17-character alphanumeric number, including a hyphen) to connect to your account to your profile. Once connected, you will be redirected to your account.
Tax documents for years prior to 2013 are located in Banner (login required) under "Student Accounts," "Tax Notification" section.
If you have any general questions or information regarding your tax documents or experience trouble with your login, contact Heartland ECSI Customer Service for a Live Chat or at 866-428-1098 between 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
Contact the Office of Student Accounts with any questions you have regarding the information on your 1098-T statement.
[ Back to top ]
- Filer’s name and address box: The College’s address and phone number is printed in this box.
- Filer’s federal identification number box: The College’s FEIN number is printed in this box.
- Student’s taxpayer identification number box: The student’s social security number is printed in this box. Only the last four digits are printed on the form. If the student did not provide a SSN, there will be no SSN reported.
- Student’s name and address box: The student’s name and address are printed in this box.
- Box 2: This box contains the total amount that was billed during the calendar year for qualified tuition and related expenses, which is defined as “tuition and fees that a student must pay to be enrolled at or attend an eligible educational institution.” Institutions may report either payments received in box 1 or amounts billed in box 2. Georgia Gwinnett College reports amount billed (box 2).
- Box 4: This box contains any billing adjustments for qualified tuition and related expenses that were made during the calendar year for a prior calendar year.
- Box 5: This box contains the total amount of scholarships/grants received during the calendar year.
- Box 6: This box contains any scholarship/grant adjustments that were made during the calendar year for a prior calendar year.
- Box 7: This box indicates if any of the charges billed include amounts for a semester that begins in an academic period during the following year. If registration for an upcoming spring semester occurs in October – December, this box will be checked.
- Box 8: This box is checked if the student was enrolled in 6 or more credit hours in the fall semester, spring semester, and summer semester.
If there is a need to update/revise your information, please be sure to contact the College by mid-March at the latest. Requests received after this period may not be accommodated.
[ Back to top ]