Student Accounts offers information so that students may be informed and in control of their financial relationship with the College. We recommend all students review the following steps in establishing that relationship.
- Be informed of account status, using the online Student Account Self-Service (more information below).
- Understand the general costs associated with attending GGC.
- Use the tuition calculator to better estimate the specific costs of GGC.
- If appropriate, consider using the Nelnet payment plan to manage monthly payments.
- Effectively utilize available resources to pay educational costs.
- Be aware of the guidelines for billing, payment and collections to avoid any disruptions in the academic year.
Registration is not complete until payment of tuition and fees is made in full. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the online payment system using a credit card or ACH from a U.S.-based personal checking or savings account. You can also take advantage of the monthly payment plan with Nelnet.
To make an online payment, log in and click on the Student Account link on the main menu.
Paying by Credit Card
GGC has contracted with TouchNet via Paypath to process credit card payments online. There will be a convenience fee of 2.75% of the payment amount or a $3 minimum fee.
Paying by Check, Money Order or Cash
Please include the student name and ID number on the payment.
Mail a check or money order to:
Georgia Gwinnett College
Attn: Student Accounts, D-1147
1000 University Center Lane
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Deliver your check, money order or cash in person to:
Building D, room 1147
[ Back to top ]
Student Accounts offers all students the opportunity to pay their bills and complete most other financial transactions with the College by visiting the cashiers located in Building D, room 1147. Cashiers are authorized to accept cash payments, money orders, bank checks and personal checks drawn on a U.S.-based checking account. All personal check payments are debited by electronic fund transfer from the bank account. The cashier office is open Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
[ Back to top ]
Georgia Gwinnett College is pleased to offer, through Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS), a convenient payment plan for all students, regardless of financial status. Instead of paying each semester's bill all at once, the Nelnet payment plan allows students to stretch payments over a period of months using a debit card, credit card or an electronic transfer of funds from a checking or savings account. It is not a loan program, and no interest charges will accrue. There is no credit check. No student is required to use this service.
While GGC is informing students of this service, Nelnet is an independent business which is solely responsible for providing and managing this service. Any terms and/or conditions of this program are solely the responsibility of Nelnet. Any questions or concerns a student may have while using Nelnet need to be addressed directly with Nelnet.
Students can enroll in the Nelnet payment plan by logging onto Banner, going to the Student Account Center and clicking on the Nelnet Payment Plan link. During the enrollment process students will receive instructions on how to review their accounts at any time. Students who are not yet registered for courses can use the tuition calculator to estimate the cost of tuition in order to set up a plan with Nelnet. Once registered, students should make sure that the budgeted amount is the full balance due on the account. If it is not, they should plan to make adjustments by the published deadline.
Important information about the Nelnet program
- Once a student signs up for the Nelnet plan, s/he will be charged a non-refundable $50 – $70 enrollment fee by NBS, depending on the payment plan option selected. That fee will be assessed each semester in which the student uses the Nelnet plan for GGC bill payment.
Students must enroll in Nelnet each semester. Re-enrollment is not automatic.
- A $30 "returned payment" fee will be assessed for any payment that is rejected by your financial institution.
- A down payment will be processed immediately after a student signs up for Nelnet. Thereafter, students are automatically debited on the fifth day of each month. The account debited by Nelnet will be the same account the student used to make the first payment.
- Students who choose to use a debit or credit card for their Nelnet payment plan will have a three percent convenience fee assessed each time they use that method to pay their bills.
- The maximum amount that a student may budget on the Nelnet plan is $5,500. Students who have a balance that exceeds that amount will be required to pay the difference in the first installment.
- The minimum enrollment balance is $100.
- Once a student is enrolled in Nelnet, s/he will have access to My Payment Plan, a website that enables the student to review current account balances, payment amounts and other account information.
- Once a student enrolls in the Nelnet plan, s/he accepts and agrees to be bound by the NBS agreement's terms and conditions until the total amount owed is paid in full to Nelnet. Additionally, enrollment means the student authorizes NBS to process payments and fees from the account provided or any subsequent account provided. This authorization will terminate when the total balance due has been paid.
- For more information about Nelnet, contact NBS directly at 800.609.8056.
[ Back to top ]