The Office of Strategic Communications and Positioning (SCP) facilitates stewardship of the GGC brand by creating communications that inspire passion for the college’s mission and vision. Share with us your GGC stories, professional news and accomplishments, or submit a communications request for support services.
SCP provides professional in-house consultation and services to campus offices and organizations in the following areas:
- Promotional campaigns
- Editorial services
- Event promotion
- Graphic design/artwork approvals
- News coverage
- Print publications
- Social media
- Website presence
Requests are reviewed and evaluated to ensure availability of resources and alignment with strategic initiatives before being added to the production schedule. Due to limitations of resources, not all projects can be accommodated. For requests unable to be fulfilled, alternative recommendations may be provided.
For requests and/or promotions utilizing multiple services, or if you are unsure which request form to use, please submit the General Inquiry form.
Useful guidelines to consider:
- While SCP would like to provide creative services for all campus communications, the priority of the division is to support brand awareness and to provide resources for initiatives that are aligned with the college’s strategic priorities.
- For requests that encompass several areas of in-house consultation and services a project may be created to facilitate work.
- Plan on a two-to-three month lead-time for some project requests. Requested deadlines cannot be guaranteed, especially on quick turnaround projects.
- Assistance and services provided are contingent upon time and resources available, not all projects will qualify.
- Services are free of charge; however, clients may be responsible for production costs (printing, event materials, advertising, etc.).
- Requests must be approved by a supervisor and funds, if required, should be allocated before production begins.
- Offices/departments should designate one point of contact to coordinate with SCP.
Announcements are important messages for the GGC campus community. Let the Strategic Communications and Positioning team assist with your announcements to determine the best placement for the greatest impact.
Announcements should be timely, brief and applicable to specific GGC audiences, like faculty and staff, students or alumni.
Examples of past announcements include scheduled Banner maintenance, employee photography sessions and upcoming holiday closings.
Announcements will be addressed within 1-2 business days.Start Your Announcement Request
- Once you complete the basic information, move into the request information section and choose “Artwork Approvals” in the dropdown content type menu.
- Submit your artwork provided to you by the vendor by attaching it in the additional information section.
- The artwork will be evaluated for placement and sizing.
- Required edits or approvals will be sent back to you, enabling you to work directly with the vendor on next steps.
- Referring to the GGC Graphic Standards Guide will assist with determining correct logo usage to help reduce or eliminate additional artwork revisions.
- Your request will be evaluated within two business days, and an SCP team member will contact you to determine next steps.
The complexity of your request will determine the timeline for providing the artwork approvals. Please allow a minimum of five additional business days for completion of final approval and understand that content may be approved, tweaked or re-created, according to visual standards and consistency.
Note: The GGC Office of Public Relations is not responsible for vendor design charges which should be considered part of the overall cost of the project.Start Your Artwork Approval Request
From brochures and program flyers to simple invitations, the SCP team can work with you to determine the best solution to meet your marketing/communications needs. For best results, we recommend that you involve us in the planning stage so we can offer a full range of services.
Before contacting SCP, please make sure that you have a general understanding of your project’s scope including the following process:
Planning Meeting: Members of SCP will meet with you to identify the target audience, deliverables and what is the best format to reach your objectives.
Proofreading: Prior to the design phase, the client is responsible for supplying accurate/factual information in Microsoft Word format. Submitted text will be reviewed for grammar and adherence to the college’s AP editorial style.
Design and Production: On average, four to six weeks is required to produce print collateral. Some projects may require additional time, depending on their complexity and printing methods. Clients are allowed two rounds of edits before a project is finalized. Allow approximately 10 business days, on average, for print and delivery.
Estimated production and printing timeframes:
- Academic certificates: 15 business days
- Postcard/flier/poster: 30 business days
- Invitation/program: 30 business days
- Brochure/booklet/newsletter: 50 business days
- Print collateral/materials, minor revisions to existing brochure: 20 business days
- Invitation: 15 business days
Once you are ready to proceed, click on “Start Your Creative Services Request” below to begin.
Provide as much information as possible about the project regarding its description, audience, messaging, timing, goals and means of delivery. Then, submit any text or image support files by attaching them in the additional information section. If your project is accepted, someone from SCP will work with you on the timeline and scope of the project.Start Your Creative Services Request
- Digital signage is strategically located across the campus. There are three types of digital signage content:
- RSO digital signage can be submitted campus wide as horizontal (landscape) images and on the three vertical signs in the Student Center as vertical (portrait) images.
- Digital signage can be created by downloading, editing and submitting a PowerPoint (landscape or portrait) or Photoshop template or by requesting digital signage creation through either the announcements or events request form. Please allow 5 additional days for digital signage creation and understand that content may be approved, tweaked or re-created, according to visual standards and consistency.
Start Your Events Request
Directory Profile Updates
Your profile in the public directory adds value to the College; it’s more than accessing contact information.
Website visitors want to learn about your successes and skill sets, and we’re keen on sharing one of the primary reasons for GGC’s game-changing success: our talented Grizzlies.
We encourage completed directory profiles and periodic reviews, so start below to request necessary edits or submit new information. Submitted updates are reviewed and completed weekly. Photography sessions are also offered. Watch for announcements on the faculty/staff audience page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
GGC’s public directory on www.ggc.edu is collaboratively managed and maintained by Digital Communications and Human Resources. Please note that any requests for title changes will be coordinated through Human Resources.Start Your Directory Update Request
Posting your event to the campus events calendar is a critical promotional element that will get the GGC community excited.
The events calendar displays on each of the audience homepages, guaranteeing maximum exposure to the campus community.
Be sure to get your events on the calendar as early as possible by submitting them using the "Start Your Events Request" link below. This lets the Digital Communications team know your event is approved and ready for promotion.
Please allow 1-2 days for events to appear on the calendar after submission.Start Your Events Request
Not sure what services you need but know that you need help marketing a program or event? Select "Start Your General Inquiry Request" below and someone from the SCP team will help you identify what digital and print components are relevant and how our team can assist.Start Your General Inquiry Request
Logo Download Requests
The elements of the Georgia Gwinnett College graphic identity system are used to market and brand the College, creating unity with its identity when used consistently. Requests can be made to receive high-quality graphic files for use in printed publications and/or electronic communications.
The use of the College’s official logos must adhere to the Graphic Standards Usage and Style Guide, regarding institutional colors, acceptable iterations, isolation areas, minimum size requirements and standardized customization for the GGC’s schools and offices.
Your request will be addressed in 48 hours. If approved, you will be forwarded an email link to access the logos using your GGC login. Please refer to the Graphics Library for placement and usage standards.Start Your Logo Request
News and Notables
Have good news to share? We want to know about your significant awards, achievements and other distinctions. Through GGC's online News and Notables page, details can be shared in a timely and effective manner. Submit your form today, and the Strategic Communications and Positioning team will take care of the rest. For examples of what details to include, view current and previous News and Notables for inspiration.
Your request will be evaluated within 48 hours. If approved, please allow five additional business days for a member of the Strategic Communications and Positioning team to contact you regarding next steps.Start Your News and Notables Request
After you have gathered all of your stories and your dean/division head has approved your newsletter to move forward, please click on “Start your Newsletter Approval Request.”
Newsletters are reviewed for GGC graphic standards, consistency of messaging, and adherence to AP style guidelines. When creating your newsletter, please review the GGC Graphic Standards Usage and Style Guide.
Once you are ready, we will review your newsletter within 15 business days and respond with feedback or required edits that will need to be made prior to distribution (internally or externally).Start Your Newsletter Approval Request
The Office of Public Relations provides photography services for college-wide events and activities that visually promote Georgia Gwinnett College’s vision and mission in both print and online publications. Priority is given to photography that advance efforts to tell the college’s story, enhance the college’s website, support student recruitment, increase brand awareness and provide imagery for institutional marketing and communications.
In order to be better stewards of our resources, all photography requests will be evaluated to ensure that they align with strategic initiatives and support our office’s objective to capture images that can be used for institutional marketing and recruitment purposes including college publications and social media.
- All requests must be received at least ten (10) business days before the event. If we cannot provide a photographer for your needs, we can provide a list of local freelance photographers. It is your responsibility to contract with the outside photographer in accordance with GGC accounting and contracting procedures.
- Requesting photo services does not guarantee a photographer. After review of the request, the Advancement project manager will contact you by email or by phone. Please note, that your assistance may be needed to facilitate your project. This may include securing access to locations and/or models.
- All photos are digital, but the process for planning, shooting, editing and image application still takes time as requests are fielded from across the entire college.
- Photography service requests must be authorized by your operating supervisor. Please include the name, title, phone number and GGC email address of the operating supervisor in the request, so that verification may be obtained by the Office of Public Relations regarding authorization for photography services.
- All photos taken by the Office of Public Relations are subject to become part of the college’s photographic archive and may be shared with other offices and departments. Georgia Gwinnett College owns and retains the copyright to all images.
- Photography services are only available to Georgia Gwinnett College personnel or Georgia Gwinnett College faculty and staff. All photography service requests must include a valid GGC email address. A request containing an alternate email address will not be honored.
There are tools and resources that the Office of Strategic Communications and Positioning can provide to assist you as you prepare for presentations, including official GGC PowerPoint templates, and assistance with speechwriting and handouts. By inviting SCP to partner with you, your presentation will be sure to reflect the GGC brand in an accurate and professional manner.
Presentations can be created by downloading and editing the official PowerPoint template, located in the Graphics Library, or you can request assistance by submitting a Presentations request form. Please include as much information as possible on your original request.
Your request will be evaluated within two business days. Please allow five additional days for presentation creation and understand that content may be approved, tweaked or re-created, according to visual standards and consistency.Start Your Presentation Request
- Digital promotions include web page slides, announcements, event calendar, and departmental news and events sections on www.ggc.edu, as well as campus digital signage and social media.
- We want to help maximize attendance for your event. To effectively promote an event, submit your request at least 15 business days before the event. This will allow 5 business days for graphic creation and 10 business days for promotion.
- Announcements should be submitted at least 5 business days prior to the preferred publication date.
- Content gets stale and overlooked quickly. We recommend promoting your content for no more than two weeks. Discussing a promotional or communication plan with Digital Communications in advance is the best way to assure maximum exposure or participation.
- Although the request form allows for preferred distribution channels, Digital Communications reserves the right to publish content according to existing strategic communications plans, best practices and priority.
Social media is a powerful tool to engage with the GGC community. Starting an account is simple, but maintaining the account takes a plan and dedication.
The social media landscape is competitive, and to be noticed, an account has to stand out. The Digital Communications team can help. Before requesting an account from the Office of Digital Communications, be prepared to discuss your area’s goals and strategies for creating and maintaining a social media presence that’s sustainable year-round.
Designate one or two people in your area to manage the account(s). They will work with a member of the Digital Communications team to develop their social media skills and understand how to build followers and ensure GGC is represented in the best way possible.
A member of the Digital Communications team will assess your request within 1-2 days and determine if a social media account is the most effective solution based on your area needs. Sometimes, a great promotional campaign is really all that’s needed.Start Your Social Media Account Request
Need a web presence? We’re here to help.
GGC’s public website, www.ggc.edu, is managed and maintained by Digital Communications. We monitor the latest trends and best practices and pull in the resources needed to create positive experiences for our website visiting audiences. Representative content managers throughout the campus community provide input and oversee content in their areas to ensure information is relevant and accurate.
Web content requests may be submitted to identify edits of existing content or to collaborate in the creation of new content.
Start your request below, and be sure to include the URL(s) of any referenced page(s). (For those of you who are submitting website changes via the CM workflow process, please continue to make updates in the CMS as a trained content manager.)
A representative from Digital Communications will assess your request within 1-2 days and will either notify you of published edits that need to be reviewed or contact you to learn more about the goals of your project and begin recommendations on drafting content, creating timelines, building structure and ultimately publishing.Start Your Web Content Request