GGC WIT Summer Boot Camp will be held from Wednesday, May 9 - Friday, May 11, 2018. The purpose of this boot camp is to:
- Prepare students to succeed in the Java Programming courses
- Group for beginners who have never taken programming
- Group for students who have been exposed to Java through introduction to programming and would like a refresher to prepare for other IT classes
- Enable women in IT to form a community of support with peers, student mentors, and IT faculty
- Provide professional development opportunities such as guest speakers and off-campus field trips
The boot camp will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily and the time will be used for programming labs, Tech Talks, peer mentoring sessions and plenty of breaks. Participants will be expected to work on a project and can expect assistance from instructors and student mentors.