The GGC Women In Technology Summer Boot Camp will be held from Wednesday, May 10, 2017 – Saturday, May 13, 2017. The purpose of this boot camp is to:
- Prepare students to succeed in the Java Programming courses
- Expose students to programming
- Provide an opportunity for students who have been exposed to Java through introduction to programming and would like a refresher to prepare for other IT classes
- Enable women in IT to form a community of support with peers, student mentors, and IT faculty
- Provide professional development opportunities such as guest speakers and off-campus field trips
The duration of the boot camp will vary daily and the time will be used for programming labs, Tech Talks, peer mentoring sessions and plenty of breaks. Participants will be expected to work on a project and can expect assistance from instructors and student mentors.