Get involved. Champion your favorite cause by organizing a fundraiser or service project. Become an elected member of the Student Government Association. Plan official campus events.
Student Clubs and Organizations (RSOs)
Participation in registered student organizations (RSOs) compels students to apply classroom lessons to experience-driven learning environments marked by communication, critical thinking, collaboration, decision-making, project execution, leadership and assessment. And it’s fun.
Types of RSOs
- Spiritual and religious
- Community service
- Student Government Association
- Greenlight Activities Board
Benefits of RSOs
- Access to shared RSO office space with computer, printer and phone
- Official use of the Georgia Gwinnett College name
- Student activity fee funding
- Option of planning events and reserving space on campus
- Participation in official GGC events and activity fairs
- Access to exclusive leadership retreats and workshops
- Support from the Office of Student Involvement
- Integrated educational experience
The Office of Student Involvement promotes an environment where you can explore your interests, develop leadership skills in planning and government, and advance your civic engagement through serving and volunteering.
Contact Student Involvement to find out more about the formation process, responsibilities, renewals, funding, event planning and general guidelines.Learn more about Student Affairs.
Learn more about the Student Center.
Each stage of RSO formation, funding, project planning and assessment emphasizes the application and familiarization of the student to the following Integrated Educational Experience Outcome goals:
- Clearly communicate ideas in written and oral form
- Demonstrate creativity and critical thinking in inter- and multi- disciplinary contexts
- Demonstrate effective use of information technology
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate in diverse and global contexts
- Demonstrate an understanding of human and institutional decision-making from multiple perspectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of moral and ethical principles
- Demonstrate and apply leadership principles