The Grizzly Opportunities for Leadership Development (GOLD) Certificate Program promotes leadership development and prepares you as a future leader.
- Attendance/participation in at least four required workshops/experiences applicable to their personal growth and development
- Attendance/participation in two optional workshops/experiences
- Submission of reflective journal after completing eight workshops/experiences that include written reflections after each activity and/or experience
Required Workshops/Experiences (minimum of four)
- Grizzly LEAD Conference: Attend the annual, off-campus event designed to help individuals develop leadership skills and abilities.
- GOLD Session: Participate in leadership development from a series of sessions covering a broad range of topics.
- Diversity Training: Complete a diversity training session (i.e., Safe Space Training) sponsored by Student Involvement or Diversity and Equity Compliance to enhance cultural competency.
- Service Learning Institute: Participate in the one-day institute focusing on volunteerism, social issues and benefits of service.
- Presentations: Present at a local, state or national conference, workshop, etc.
Elective Workshops/Experiences (minimum of two)
- Join a Registered Student Organization (RSO) or accept a leadership position within a student group.
- Volunteer at least five hours (hours must be verified by Student Involvement).
- Attend a Career Development and Advising Center (CDAC) Etiquette Dinner (verification signature required from CDAC).
- Get resume reviewed by Career Development and Advising Center (verification signature required from CDAC).
Participation in the GOLD Certificate Program will be denoted on the students’ involvement report (co-curricular transcript). Students who meet all requirements of the certificate are encouraged to pursue subsequent, more progressive certificate tracks and are recognized at a public program where they receive their certificate.
For more information or questions, contact Rontai Walker, associate director of Student Involvement and the Student Center, email@example.com.