Safe Space Training promotes cultural competency. Training occurs throughout the academic year, or you may request a session for individual organizations and departments.
Students, faculty and staff participants learn appropriate terminology, issues affecting LGBT+ communities and advocacy strategies to reduce systematic barriers to equality and inclusiveness.
After completion, display your Safe Space Training certificate and/or sticker to show that you are an ally for LGBT+ students, colleagues and friends.
- Enhance awareness of heterosexual privilege.
- Identify strategies to combat homophobia, transphobia and heterosexism.
- Understand LGBT+ terms.
- Describe the role of an ally.
- Identify challenges faced by the LGBT+ communities.
- Engage in self-reflection to recognize how environmental, cultural and personal values impact relationships with the LGBT+ community.
For more information or to register, contact Samantha Lapier, Student Involvement coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.