Buy, sell and rent used and new textbooks. Find your GGC gear and purchase all your supplies, laptops and gifts all in the same place. The GGC Bookstore, managed by Barnes & Noble is your official campus bookstore.
Shop online 24 hours a day! New products are added all the time!
Here's just a sampling of what you'll find:
- Study and reference materials to enhance student learning
- Textbooks, supplies, general reading books, backpacks, gifts, convenience food items, magazines, gift cards, and GGC clothing and hats
- Ability to order any book in print, and Barnes & Noble Membership cards are honored
- Year round buy-back of textbooks from students. Peak times during final exams
- Rentals now available at the bookstore for 50% of the list price both in store and online
- 50% buy-back price guarantee for new or used text books adopted for the following semester
- Graduation regalia and related items
- Framing Success frames for those newly earned diplomas
Get the right book, right on campus and right on time
Why take a chance on ordering a book that may be the wrong edition, could arrive damaged or might not even get to you on time?
Make the GGC Barnes & Noble Bookstore your textbook resource. It's convenient, reliable and you can trust you'll get the right book, on time, for the first day of class.
A financial aid book advance (FABA) is excess aid available on your student account that is used to purchase books and supplies from the Bookstore. FABA will be loaded on your Claw Card. You are responsible for any charges that result from charges or changes in aid.
No action is required if you do not want to use FABA, and no charges will be placed on your Banner account when not used.
FABA may be used to place orders in person or through the online GGC Bookstore.
For FABA online methods of payment, include the 18-digit number located on front of Claw Card (5300000008000xxxxx) and choose to pick up your order at the Bookstore or have it delivered.
The first day to use FABA is typically Aug. 1, Dec. 1 or May 1. The last day to use FABA in the Bookstore is the last day of add/drop in any given semester. All returns must be made by close of business on the semester add/drop date. Returns after add/drop and approved by the Bookstore will be given store credit, regardless of payment type.
FABA amounts are viewable online via MyGGC under your Claw Card account. You will be required to authenticate your account again due to the real-time and financial nature of this account.
- Log into MyGGC, select "Claw Card" and enter your log in credentials again.
- After logging in a second time, the home screen will display your available account summaries by fund type.
- For more transaction details, click "account transactions": select "fund" and/or "period" and/or "amount" range and then search.
Students receiving a parent plus loan, and whose parents do not indicate that the student should receive excess moneys, will not receive FABA nor additional Cave Cash in their account.
If there is a need to increase the amount required to order books, please stop by the Claw Card Office (E-3107) to make a request in writing by the 5th day after classes begin, but not after add/drop. Any requests made thereafter will be processed as Cave Cash and be processed 24 hours later as long as you have the funds available in your student account.
Your FABA will increase/decrease as classes, charges and financial aid are added or removed. You are responsible for any charges that arise from using FABA.
Housing students, please be aware that FABA charges may arise after housing charges are placed on your account.